Fruhling-Voges to be mayor

Tami Fruhling-Voges will be the next mayor of St. Joseph.

No one filed to run as a write in candidate and no one ran at the Democrat Caucus held in December, meaning the Republican will be the only person on the ballot on April 4.

Fruhling-Voges said she was excited to lead St. Joseph.

(I’m) very excited about the potential of leading this community onward to continue being the best small town to have a business, visit, live and raise a family in,” she said. “But most of all I feel very proud to be able to have the opportunity to serve such a great community.”

Fruhling-Voges has served a village trustee since 2005 and would often joke with Mayor B.J. Hackler that she would be mayor some day.

Little did she know that would come true.

In May Fruhling-Voges will be tasked with leading the town of more than 4,000.

She said that the first item on her agenda is becoming more familiar with the day to day things that Hackler has been tackling for 35 years.

“(I want to) find my path to continue with those things and set forth some of my own goals and plans for the future of the village,” she said.

Those plans include helping the businesses that call St. Joseph be more successful, which, Fruhling-Voges said, will encourage more people to be excited to come to the village and start other businesses.  Fruhling-Voges said the opportunity for new housing developments of various types is also an exciting opportunity for the village.

“This will be a thoughtful process to make sure we address any concerns for our infrastructure and other issues related to growth in a community,” she said.

Fruhling-Voges is also excited to work to improve what St. Joseph already has.

“Some other things that I am excited to work towards is the opportunities that come with having in our community a wonderful sports complex and other parks, a bike trail coming to the village and the future educational center at the Wetlands west of the village,” she said. “These amenities will bring years of enjoyment for all those in our community and visitors.”

Fruhling-Voges said she plans to use Hackler, who endorsed her at the Republican Caucus in December, as a resource.

“I have enjoyed wiring with B.J. for all these years and he has been a wonderful mentor,” she said. “I have learned a lot from him.”

Fruhling-Voges said she is honored the Republican Caucus nominated her for the ballot and that she will be the next mayor.

“When I began serving on the village board people would ask why and my answer has always been that it has never been about an agenda,” she said. “It’s more about the passion for a community that has been a part of me and my family all my life.”

Comments

The Leader embraces discussion of both community and world issues. We welcome you to contribute your ideas, opinions and comments, but we ask that you avoid personal attacks, vulgarity and hate speech. we reserve the right to remove any comment at its discretion, and we will block repeat offenders' accounts. To post comments, you must first be a registered user, and your username will appear with any comment you post. Happy posting.

Login or register to post comments

chandu wrote on February 21, 2017 at 2:02 am

This will be particularly useful for me when I get an opportunity to begin my web journal. This is a striking blending article. portable autoclave

sammyh wrote on March 07, 2017 at 3:03 am

I discovered this is an instructive and boggling post so i think as much it is especially basic and educational. Broad Review

sammyh wrote on March 10, 2017 at 4:03 am

I am particularly merry to disassemble this article Fantastic befuddling. I regard this post. https://bestalyze.wordpress.com

buyfansmedia wrote on March 12, 2017 at 12:03 pm

Very good written article. It will be supportive to anyone who utilizes it, including me. Keep doing what you are doing – can’t wait to read more posts. Sarm

chandu wrote on March 14, 2017 at 2:03 am

On an especially principal level drawing in again for all the details.I researed key information on this point as I am managing a class wind. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cil01tcxlCs

jamsmalik wrote on March 16, 2017 at 4:03 am

Nice knowledge gaining article. This post is really the best on this valuable topic. federal tax id

buyfansmedia wrote on March 19, 2017 at 5:03 am

Superbly written article, if only all bloggers offered the same content as you, the internet would be a far better place.. Jolly Jong 2 - Play Free Y8 Online Games

Nicholas wrote on March 19, 2017 at 6:03 am

Tami Fruhling-Voges seem a good leader for the benefit of the st. Joseph. Though many people think she is not eligible to correct the errors in the right direction, but she said she could lead the community. Now, it's time to see what happens with the http://www.ninjaessays.org/ in the time period of her duty.

jamsmalik wrote on March 20, 2017 at 2:03 am

I have read your article, it is very informative and helpful for me.I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it.. Theme Dojo

buyfansmedia wrote on March 23, 2017 at 1:03 am

This is very educational content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post.! ​arborist omaha

buyfansmedia wrote on March 24, 2017 at 2:03 am

Wow i can say that this is another great article as expected of this blog.Bookmarked this site.. anthony robbins

uali20 wrote 13 hours 12 min ago

Wow, happy to see this awesome post. I hope this think help any newbie for their awesome work. By the way thanks for share this awesomeness from Learn More

uali20 wrote 13 hours 9 min ago

We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Great work bridesmaid gifts

RoseMaria wrote 8 hours 21 min ago

While reading your post, I came to know that Tami Fruhling-Voges will be the next mayor of St. Joseph.. I would like to congratulate him. I think this is a good decision. I got interested to know more about this news. Hope you will update it soon. prefab tiny house

Event Calendar